Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Tuesday is for HOPE

Go Obama! It's 10:30, and I'm about ready to pass out. I got home early so Spanky could go vote (I voted this morning!), we got our hot water back FINALLY. I can take a shower in our own apartment tomorrow! We got pizza and more honey for hot tea, and came home. I practiced, and then did some work while we watched the presidential results roll in.

I am finally down to blogging on the list of things to do. Again, sorry no pictures. I think I should just keep going so that I make it a whole week. I'll figure out the style issues as we go along. Alright? ALRIGHT.

So, Tuesday, I think I said would be about upcoming projects. This bit of the process is the exciting part. I've just finished a major 450 yard lace shawlette for one of my authors, and have a scarf for one of my friends (a christmas present) half done. I usually keep two projects on the go, so I have room for a more major project to replace the shawl. This would be the thing I keep at home for working on while watching TV, not what I would take with me to work or travel.

When my mother was ill earlier this year, I was with her in the hospital in Gainesville, FL, and bought myself four balls of Debbie Bliss Rialto Lace yarn in the Fuchsia color to make myself feel better (she's ok--it was a routine type of surgery, but it was very painful for her, and I was alone..). I was not thinking clearly, but I knew I wanted to make a garment out of it, not a shawl or some sort of lace wrap. Each skein has over 400 yards and it is SOFT. I've been waiting to use it, and now, I think the time is here! My needles are out, and the first yarn ball is sitting on my side of the couch just waiting for me to cast on.  I have decided to make the scoop neck top from the Debbie Bliss Rialto Lace pattern booklet that I bought with the yarn. I initially bought the book for one of the other sweaters, but I think this one will actually look better on my body, and I can wear it with all the black shift dresses I have for work in place of a blazer.

So that is the only thing I've got waiting in the wings, although when I finish John's scarf, I am going to cast myself on a pair of socks with some Lion Brand self-striping fun sock yarn I got when my mom was visiting over the summer. She wanted to see the Lion Brand Yarn Studio, so we went, but I was the one who ended up buying yarn. But I'm not casting on until I finish the scarf. That will be my replacement easy project. So there you go. I keep to two projects so that I don't go crazy--one hard one, and one easy one. I'm just going to keep plowing through them, using up the yarn I have been socking away for some reason and trying to enjoy knitting for myself for a change. I haven't started anything yet, so it's all theoretical now. But let me tell you, I don't know how long I can go before I cast on this Rialto. It's some soft stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home